By now you’ve probably heard of ChatGPT but what’s all the fuss about this new tech that everyone seems to be raving about? Well, it’s a free information resource and tool that comes in the form of an artificial intelligence (AI) chatbot. Rather than manually searching multiple websites, you can have a back-and-forth human-like conversation with ChatGPT.
ChatGPT uses natural language processing to understand and answer the questions that you ask it. It can lend a hand with a wide range of business-related tasks; such as assisting with customer support, automating processes, content generation, and information-gathering tasks.
The use of AI in marketing, even for small businesses, is nothing new. If you’ve ever run a dynamic search ad campaign in Google Ads, asked a question via Google Analytics Intelligence, or used an AI content generator to write marketing copy, then you’ve experienced it yourself. Let’s review some of the easiest ways to use ChatGPT for marketing today and start saving you time.
What Are the Top Benefits of ChatGPT for Businesses?
- Customer engagement - ChatGPT can help you improve your online presence and customer engagement by providing conversation prompts for your website and inspiration for your blogs.
- Research and content curation - The chatbot allows you to quickly scan countless sources on the web. This is far easier than manually researching everything yourself via Google.
- Content generation - The platform can generate huge amounts of content in seconds, based on your specific needs and requests. This content is likely to encourage engagement and traffic to your website or social media channels.
- Fast response time - ChatGPT works at an impressive speed, so it is a great channel to send any customer enquiries to. Plus this also frees up time for employees to focus on other, more human-centric tasks.
What Are the Best Ways to Use ChatGPT in Your Marketing?
1. ChatGPT can save you time when it comes to writing content for emails, blogs, and more. You can ask for content ideas and prompts, or simply have it polish up your own work. Another great hack is to have it simplify complex topics so that these can be shared and understood with a wider audience.
2. The chatbot is a great place to ask for tips on tools that might assist with your marketing strategy. Try to make your questions as specific as possible to ensure the answers fit your exact needs.
3. ChatGPT can help to teach you quick ways to deal with data processing and analysis. Whether it’s spreadsheet formulas or organising data from different sources, these quick tricks will save you heaps of time and allow you to focus on other more creative tasks.
4. Customer feedback is everything and ChatGPT is a wonderful tool for generating surveys or polls, allowing you to better understand your customers’ thoughts, needs and preferences.
5. Chatbot interactions are a great way to engage customers and generate leads too. ChatGPT can quickly provide ideas for helpful chat prompts and answers.
Points Worth Considering When Using ChatGPT
It’s important to remember that ChatGPT is still in its early stages and so inevitably has some limitations and risks. Information accuracy and privacy are both points worth considering when using ChatGPT for marketing. For this reason, it’s often best to use it primarily for content and copy tasks and as simply a starting point for inspiration.
Due to ChatGPT’s database having limited knowledge past 2021, you’re often best working with a marketing partner or professional when it comes to designing your marketing strategy. Here are some general rules to avoid when it comes to ChatGPT and marketing:
DON’T use ChatGPT to:
- Ask for marketing strategy recommendations
- Structure out your Google Ads campaigns
- Do keyword research
- Implement website changes
- Do your reporting and analytics
- Run a competitor analysis
It’s also important to remember that AI does not replace a human touch. While AI undoubtedly brings efficiency to routine tasks, humans possess the ability to interpret intricate situations and empathise with unique challenges. Humans can provide more personal advice, considering the specifics of an individual’s requirements and offer solutions that go beyond the scope of pre-programmed responses.
What Is the Role of Content Marketers in the Future?
AI-assisted content marketing is great if you’re looking to quickly and accurately generate engaging and relevant content. ChatGPT can help you to implement your content marketing strategy and improve your online presence and customer engagement. As AI technology continues to grow, content marketers should continue to use these advancements to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their content creation.
Of course, the most beneficial outcome of all this is driving traffic to your website and social media channels. Just bear in mind that whilst AI-generated content can serve as a useful starting point, it should always be fact-checked and sense-checked by a human being!
How Can Drum Digital Help You?
We hope this article has been insightful and taught you something new about this invaluable tool. If ChatGPT has sparked your interest but you're looking to work with an agency that can help with some of the areas ChatGPT can’t, please reach out to Drum Digital today to discuss any queries you may have.
We’re a full-service, boutique digital marketing agency that helps businesses to grow their online presence. Our team of experts specialise in SEO, content, social media marketing, paid advertising, web design, and much more. We look at the needs of our clients and tailor an approach that is best suited to them, supporting you every step of the way.
We can offer advice on your digital strategy, helping you to navigate the digital landscape for your business to achieve the outcomes you desire.